Call for papers
We invite the submission of completed research papers, Emergent Research Forum (ERF) papers, Professional Development Symposia (PDS), panels, workshops and Technology Research, Education, and Opinion (TREO) talks to the 27th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), to be held online August 9-13, 2021. AMCIS 2021 will bring together academics and industry professionals around the world to exchange knowledge related to diverse facets of information systems research and practice.
AMCIS 2021 will provide exciting opportunities for participation, collaboration, and dialogue related to the conference theme “Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship”. With you, we will present an exciting program that draws upon the best of SIG-driven AMCIS traditions and continues successful initiatives such as the ERFs and TREO Talks. We anticipate thought-provoking presentations and stimulating discussions that exemplify what fun it can be to work in this incredible discipline of ours.
There are numerous benefits to authors of leveraging the conference to journal submission cycle of a paper. Click here to learn more.
All submissions must be made via the AMCIS 2021 PCS submission system. After creating an account and logging on to the PCS site, authors should go to the “Author Center” to make their submission. Specifically:
- Visit the AMCIS 2021 website for a complete list of tracks and mini-tracks that are available and to determine the proper mini-track for your submission prior to submission. Please contact the relevant track/mini-track chairs with any questions or concerns.
- If there is any conflict of interest between the author(s) and the track or mini-track chairs, the paper must be submitted to the “General Topics” mini-track within the Advances in Information Systems Research track.
- Determine the proper type for your submission by reviewing the types of submissions on the conference website. Submission instructions, templates, and forms can also be found on the website.
- January 6, 2021: Manuscript submissions begin
- March 1, 2021: Completed research and ERF submissions are due at 5 p.m. EST
- April 21, 2021: Workshop, panel, TREO and PDS submissions are due at 5 p.m. EST
Scholarly integrity is a core value in our discipline, and all AMCIS submissions must comply with the policies posted on the AMCIS 2021 website. Scholars submitting papers to this conference thereby attest that they have read the AIS Code of Research Conduct, and that the work submitted is in accordance with the Code in all appropriate respects. Editors of AMCIS conference proceedings who receive allegations of plagiarism or other scholarly misconduct may inform the AIS President, who may refer the matter, at his/her discretion, to the AIS Research Conduct Committee.
We look forward to receiving your AMCIS 2021 submissions! If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AIS Policy on Conference and Journal Publication encourages conference papers to be published in journals. This policy applies to AIS conferences (there are no copyright issues to prevent your AIS conference paper from being published in any journal (AIS or not)), and to AIS journals (there are no restrictions preventing you from submitting your conference paper to an AIS journal). Many non-AIS journals have similar policies, so you can submit your AIS conference paper to them. The policy and list of non-AIS journals with similar policies, is available at the Policy page.