AMCIS is pleased to announce the 2021 Doctoral Consortium (DC) on Tuesday August 10 and Wednesday August 11 online (originally to be held in Montreal, Canada). The DC is an opportunity for doctoral students to network, receive feedback on their research, and discuss career issues. All interested later stage PhD students who are post-proposal (in North America system) and/or finished data collection are invited to apply.
Faculty advisors include:
- Samer Faraj (McGill University)- Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair
- Michael Barrett (Cambridge University) – Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair
- Anand Gopal (Maryland University)
- Monideepa Jarafdar (Lancaster University)
- Steven Johnson (University of Virginia)
- Ali Tafti (Universiy of Illinois-Chicago)
- Ulrike Schutz (Southern Methodist University)
- Walter Fernandez (UNSW-Sydney)
Acceptance is based on a review of the application materials.
Preference for attendance will be given to students who will have defended their dissertation proposals but not their dissertations by the date of the consortium, to those who have not previously participated in the AMCIS DC, and to those whose institutions or fields would not otherwise be represented. These students may want to consider applying to the early stage Doctoral Consortium.
The application includes:
1) A 5-page, double-spaced, 12-point extended abstract of the proposed dissertation research.
2) A letter of recommendation from dissertation chair/advisor supporting the student’s participation in the Doctoral Consortium.
3) A 1-page informational document with: Name of applicant; PhD program university/school affiliation; Dissertation title; Expected completion date; Educational background; Professional background / prior work experience; Future career aspirations. Please indicate whether you have attended the AMCIS DC before.
- Due date for applications and letters of recommendation is June 11, 2021.
- Decisions made and communicated to applicants: June 30, 2021
- DC, Tuesday August 10 2021, from 2 pm to 5:30 pm (EST) and Wednesday August 11 2pm to 5:30 pm (EST ). Meet up (with the early stage PhD students) during breaks and for Keynotes
Please email all application materials as attachments in a single email to email@example.com. Please subject the email with the following: “AMCIS-Later Stage DC 2021 application”.
If you have any questions, contact Michael Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Samer Faraj (email@example.com) this year’s AMCIS later stage Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs. Thank you for circulating this call to all doctoral students who might be interested and who will benefit from participating in the DC.